dated January 18, 2001
on horse races.
(Journal of Acts dated February 14, 2001)
Penalties may imposed on individuals performing tasks connected with horse races, who committed acts which are subject to disciplinary action as provided in the rules of horse arcing
The following entities violating the rules of horse races are subject to disciplinary action:
- managers of stables,
- horse owners,
- race judges,
- physicians on hand during races,
- veterinarians on hand during races.
The following shall constitute penalties:
- a warning,
- a censure,
- a fine of 50 PLN to the equivalent of the total of awards in race, in which the rules of horse races were violated,
- suspending the permit for managing a race stable,
- suspending a license to train horses, ride horses or for being a race judge – for a term of up to one year,
- Deprive one of the right to train horses, ride horses or to be race judge.
- The following shall conduct disciplinary action:
- The technical commission – as a ruling body of the first instance,
- The appeals commission -as a ruling body of the second instance.
- Disciplinary action of race judges part of the technical commission, shall be conducted by the appeals commission, acting as a ruling body in the first instance.
- The individual subject to the penalty imposed upon him by ruling of the technical commission may file an appeal against such ruling with the appeals commission.
- The appeal must be filed within 3 days of service of the decision of the technical commission along with a substantiation -by way of such commission.
- The appeals commission shall rule on such an appeal within 5 days of its filling.
- Filing an appeal does not suspend the execution of the penalty imposed by the technical commission.
- The appeals commission may not impose a penalty more severe than that of the technical commission.
- The Code of Procedure on Felony Matters applies accordingly to the disciplinary action of the technical commission and appeals commission.
- The individual subject to the penalty imposed upon him by ruling of the appeals commission, as provided by art. 24 point 3-6, may file an appeal against such ruling with a district court, having jurisdiction over the race track.
- The appeal must be filed within 14 days of service of the decision of the appeals commission along with a substantiation.
- Filing an appeal does not suspend the execution of the penalty imposed by the appeals commission.
- The Code of Penal Procedure applies accordingly to the appeals procedure before the district court