2016.04.19 – New horse racing regulations
Rules concerning riders:
- They are required to have accident insurance.
- Riders that have not won 10 races in their career cannot, among others, ride horses that have not yet raced.
- Riders in a race cannot overuse the whip on a horse ridden by them, particularly:
- by an excessive amount of whipping, whipping that is too strong and by raising their arm with the whip above the shoulder line; the permitted amount of whips down the final stretch is 6,
- by hitting the horse in a way that causes injuries, especially by hitting the head or flanks, and in case of letting go of the reins by the hand with the whip – also in front of the saddle,
- by hitting the horse with the whip if the horse does not accelerate as a result, has been defeated or is winning the race with a great advantage.